• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding side tubes to XJ rock sliders

travisk

NAXJA Forum User
Might as well post this in case someone else wants the measurements to do something similar.

I picked up a used set of JCR stage 1 sliders but I wanted to add tubing to the outside to give the body a little more clearance against the rocks, like the stand-offs on JCR's stage 2 sliders. A friend who knew how to bend and weld helped me out. Here's what we ended up with:

Two pieces of 1.75" x .120 wall DOM tubing, cut to 58.5 inches and bent 44 degrees as close to the ends as possible. I cut the ends to allow about a 1.5" gap between the tubing and the slider. Notched short pieces of 1.5" tubing for the center supports. We sanded the ends at a slight angle so the bars would come up even or slightly higher than the box tube.

xjsliders1_zpsd06b09ad.jpg

xjsliders2_zpsa9a71e65.jpg

xjsliders3_zps696e2744.jpg

Now that I'm done, feel free to tell me what I did wrong :looney:

look good! i have sliders similar to that on my xj i used that rail yesterday! really happy i had it!

Looks good man. I'm probably doing that to the stock rock rails on my WJ pretty soon.

Just an FYI to others, if you don't have a source for the tube or bending, AJ's offroad armor sells them for about $70.

They look like my Stage 3 JCR sliders.

Back