• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear ended someone, front end damage question

Caner.

NAXJA Forum User
So I rear ended a car a couple days ago and damaged my front end a little bit and had a couple questions regarding repairing it.

I posted a picture below but it doesn't reflect all the damage. It looks a little worse in reality / with more light.

First of, when the hit occurred, I'm guessing the inside of the bumper hit the fenders and both of them now have a bump right in the middle of the flare (you can see it in the picture I posted below). The header panel is also cracked on the passenger side, outside but also under the hood,

When I open my lights at night, I can clearly see the angle is off and they're lighting lower than before. (I made this really basic image just to show you what I mean)

91iE2Z0.jpg

I went to the body shop and the guy there was pretty positive only my bumper, bumper brackets, header panel and fenders were damaged and really thought I shouldn't put money into it.

The thing is, I already settled on a new bumper and was wondering, based on the description and the picture, if by removing the bumper and installing a new header panel and then putting a new bumper on (I'm thinking jcr offroad bumper) it could work out?

Thanks alot!

BZXbzSc.jpg

Last edited:
all that stuff bolts on it's easy enough to replace. what you need to be looking at is where the bumper brackets mount to the frame of the jeep. if the frame is bent you'll have a heck of a time getting an aftermarket bumper to fit right.

My friends looked the same way, almost like buckled in. His was just a bumper, the brackets, and a few other little things. from what I can tell it should be a simple job. You might be able to get away with pulling it all off and straightening it all out.

Alright thanks guys. The body shop guy told me the frame looked alright and my only problem with the bumper was the brackets. Since it's torn I don't know if I'll be able to remove it myself, but I'll do my best.

When I bought mine the front bumper and mounting points were tweaked due to the previous owner drifting into a snow bank. I actually used the JCR bumper and tie-in brackets to pull things back into alignment.

Don't rear end anybody with that JCR installed, you will kill them!

Back