• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

screwed up windows

1slowxj

NAXJA Forum User
after sinking my 88 xj my windows will go down but not up from any switch if i turn around plug that goes to motor they go up....? wtf!?

The motors are reversible, the switch changes polarity, to the motor, up and down. Best guess is you have a switch stuck in the down position. Next best guess is the connector came loose behind the drivers switch, it is a large plug and the drivers switch is essentially the master switch. The little clips that hold the plug onto the back of the switch module are junk.

It has been a long time and I'm old, my memory gets sketchy, but I seem to remember one of my switches stuck (kids with Coke) and having similar issues.

The wiring for the power windows goes under the drivers side carpet and over the hump. Lots of potential there for corrosion and shorts.

Back