• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power Windows don't work at all

Fowler.Alex

NAXJA Forum User
2000 Cherokee with power Windows, locks, and mirrors. my mirrors work, locks work, but no Windows even from ther drivers side. whenever I hit any Windows buttons ther little lights on the wI.dow panel cuts off. I replaced the main power wire thru the door into the dash. I'm thinking it's the whole window control panel, any suggestions?

1. Check fuses.
Then if fuses good
2. Check if mirror controls work.
If they work
3. Pull the switch, pop it open and clean it. Then check for carbon scoring/buildup and clean that to refesh the switch contacts. Disassemble the lockout switch, clean and regrease.
Next check all solder joints for cracking/broken joints. Resolder as required.

I just went through a switch that barely worked and found the inside heavily crusted with carbon, and 9 of the solder joints cracked apart (seems DC needs to relearn that soldering skill, as this is still an issue with newer vehicles).
If the mirror controls don't work, the problem is likely wiring, and may still be even if the switch is repaired. But you can check the harness during switch removal. Most issues occur in the boot between the door and body.
Cost to repair - time.
Cost to replace - $50 used to $200 new.
The switch is the most problematic part of the system.

yes the mirrors work, locks work, just no Windows, it's like the switches are shorted out inside the window control box thing, cause the little green lights work, but no Windows. how do I take the box apart? Cause it seems the switches hold it back from coming apart, I got the screws out already.

Back