• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front exhaust insulator for later model XJ's

travisk

NAXJA Forum User
I tried to order a "Front Support Bracket Insulator" to fix the exhaust rattle on the transfer case crossmember of my '98 XJ, but Quadratec called me back and said this part is only for pre-1997 XJ's.

Cherokee_Front_Exhaust_Hanger.jpg

Manufacturer Part No: 53000101

Is Quadratec wrong? What part do I need to get the front exhaust hanger snugged up?

After more research, the front exhaust hanger is integrated into the transmission mount on 97+ models, so the solution is to either replace the whole $100 mount or switch to a universal hanging mount. Brilliant.

They have the year split all wrong on that, as usual. Never trust a quadratec year split.

Years are 95 and down for the half-moon style, 96 and up for the round peg style.

Half moon bushing part number: 5300 0101
round peg bushing part number: appears to not be available from the factory, as you said. I'm trying to find a source for them in the aftermarket right now.

The bushing is held in by a metal cage that's riveted down, but you can easily grind the rivet heads off, punch out the remainders, and replace with small machine bolts or new rivets after putting a new bushing in.

Back