• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gaskets

nipper

NAXJA Forum User
How much would you pay for gaskets over there. i've been quoted £82 for an oil pan gasket here in the UK I think that is about $100, just a tad expensive. I've got a good replacement engine and I want to remove the oil pan and timing cover to check the seals would it be cheaper to import the gaskets myself?

That's what i said i can look into shipping if you want. And its actually about $123 at $1.51 per £. I'll check with the post office tomorrow and see how much it would cost to ship to the uk

That's what i said i can look into shipping if you want. And its actually about $123 at $1.51 per £. I'll check with the post office tomorrow and see how much it would cost to ship to the uk

If you can't fold that gasket at all that's going to be one weird shaped box and probably cost a little more than you're thinking it will.

My god. Trying to get a quote to the middle of where you live is ridiculous.

USPS won't give a quote online because the package is "too big" and UPS doesn't even think "derbyshire" exists.

Last edited:
Have you check Ebay for one?

I see NAPA do a lower half gasket set for $44.99 but wont ship out of America

If you figure out the size box that gasket will ship in, and can somehow get a quote through the USPS or UPS, i will ship that thing out for you for price of gasket + price of shipping.

I just can't figure out how to get a quote from USPS.

Oh, and get a quote from New Milford, Connecticut. United States.

Have to start work on it this weekend so I've bitten the bullet and bought an oil pan gasket and a manifold gasket for £41. I could not get timing cover or water pump gaskets for love nor money so invested in a large tube of RTV wish me luck!!

Back