• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 disconnect conversion with ABS shafts

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Alright ive been searching like crazy , but with no luck.

I helped a buddy years ago do a dana 30 CAD disconnect delete . threw a regular, long side shaft, non-ABS. last year threw an ABS shaft in there and had to knock out the outer bearing and seal just to get it in, and the old inner seal we swapped in from years ago was completly missing when we pulled the carrier to check things out. We got a new seal, napa 11800, and its loose in the tube. we RTVd it in, but sure enough, it came out on the drive home. the 2" OD is too small for the tube. and the old outer seal that used to sort of help is totally gone.

Anyone ever done a CAD disconnect conversion with one of the big ABS shafts ?

I gave up trying to find the right seal and ordered two by measurement ans installed them back to back. on a buddies we die grinded the seal area to fit a stock seal. was messy and a lot of grinding and shards

There are two d30 vac disconnect tube IDs, 2.000" and 2.0625" iirc. You probably got the bigger one.

No rhyme or reason which one is which, at least that I've been able to find out.

Back