• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil springs

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so im looking at lowering my jeep back down a bit. I have the rock krawler 6.5 in 3link. To me the coil springs are a bit too soft. I feel like i get body roll way too much when going through the trails.

By lowering it a bit that should help but i think a stiffer coil spring would help more too. Im looking to go about 5in. When i built the jeep years ago i will admit i thought bigger is better. Now years later i want stability over looks. What coils would be good. I do a mixture of crawling and a lil bit of go fast. I have 12in bilstein 7100s that have a modded bottom mount a little lower than the stock mount as well.

The rear is RE 5.5 with 6in boomerang shackles. Im going to be dropping a few leafs out of the pack to lower me as well. The rear doesnt flex for crap and i think it would help drastically by dropping a spring or two.

As for coils i was thinking of a progressive spring as well. Is ther a decent progressive coil around?

have you thought of cutting off half or a whole coil from your current ones?

Valve the shocks stiffer on compression and get rid of the body roll.

hmm i didnt think of that. I may do that as well. :yelclap:

as for cutting my coils... i have 2 in spacers on the coils as it sits right now. I can drop those out and lower it a bit. But to me these coils are just too soft. Cutting them wont stiffen them up.

Ultimately, Deaver coils would be what you want that's a bit of money tho.

hmm i didnt think of that. I may do that as well. :yelclap:

as for cutting my coils... i have 2 in spacers on the coils as it sits right now. I can drop those out and lower it a bit. But to me these coils are just too soft. Cutting them wont stiffen them up.

Cutting coils does stiffen em up as it increases spring rate

4.5 to 5 inches seams like the max height anyone should need for leift height on an xj,, That being said you should upgrade your springs to go for a better ride,Deaver, BDS, clayton, OME are all good choices every other coil like RC, RE ect are made in indo china.

ya i was at about 8. Way too high. I liked my Rock Krawler springs when i first got them. I took out 2in spacers and it has drastically help make my jeep more stable. Now to lower the rear and see how that does.

Back