• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need pics.. and suggestions. JKS OTA track bar

supernatural

NAXJA Forum User
I have a JKS OTA track bar relocation bracket, TNT OTK track bar, Serious offroad OTK steering.

For one the TNT bushing sleeve is MUCH bigger than the gap for the JKS OTA bracket. My plan is to "widen" the gap and squish the track bar mount in to mount it, but once i weld the JKS bracket on, I "technically" can't widen the bracket.Is there something i'm missing?

Can i get pics of what you guys have done?

My thought is the non bent part of the bracket welds on to the front of the original track bar mount and the bent side welds onto the front side of the axle under the LCA mount. Is this totally wrong? I'm at a loss here.

thanks for any help, and would LOVE to get some pics of what you guys did using a HP D30 w/ no vacuum disco.

thanks

So did that JKS bracket come with the TNT track bar? Or did you buy them separately?

The easiest solution to me would be to sell the JKS one and buy TNT's axle mount designed for their track bar....that way there is no modifying necessary.

Sounds like it. Jks track bar mounting width is narrower than stock as my tnt track bar will fit the stock axle side location.

This has me in a serious bind (leaving this Friday for a trip to santa fe). No time to sell this bracket and no time to purchase tnt's bracket.

Bummer. I ran into the same issue on mine as I'm also running the JKS mount. Had a hell of a time finding a bushing that would fit, so I ended up using a heim joint and misalignment spacers....but I built my own track bar so it wasn't a big deal.

I'm thinking you have a defective JKS mount -- lots of people using them, I've never heard of this issue. FWIW, on my XJ I used a piece of 2x2 x 3/16 box tube instead of a JKS mount on the axle side, and the TnT track bar fit perfectly...

My jeep handles much better/firmer/more planted feeling than it ever did with any type of bushing now that I have switched to heim joints at both ends. I'm in the process of swapping out every joint on my jeep to ruffstuff heims, much stronger and longer lasting than bushings.

You recommend cutting the end off a brand new track bar and replacing it with a bushing? It's no more work to replace it with a heim joint and end up with a better product. How doesn't that help with the fitment issue?

Back