• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Tarps / Covers, cargo trailer

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
I'd like to get a new tarp for my M416 before SoCal Fest. The old milspec canvas one is finally gone and the only other cover I have is a bit of a pain in the ass because it's not custom made for the trailer.

Have you dealt with a custom tarp maker? If so who did you use? Obviously I want something that is good and would like to save money. I will provide a spec sheet to them with the design of the tarp (simple rectangle with reinforced edges and corners with grommets. I may include a cord channel at the edges as well.)

I want waterproof and UV resistant. A rubberized vinyl or waterproof canvas (like convertible tops) would be nice. I have some mil surplus rubberized tarps and really like them for their durability and ease to make quick repairs (duct tape sticks on them well). I don't want a thin poly tarp that will flap around and get easily punctured.

So... Any thoughts?

Boat canvas custom. I have had mine on the boat for 8 years now. It was 500 bucks, but worth every penny for custom made.
Canvas company in Dana Point did it.

883816its_a_tarp_super-1.gif

You are looking for sunbrella, its not cheap, but what most every high quality boat cover and canopy is made from. I have a guy that does them at the down the screen. He is very reasonably priced on everything and does all the SS hardware also is so desired.

Find a company that makes tarps for truckers ..I think the material they use is called hypalon.

Back