• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Special Model XJ?

01yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
Was there any special model XJ's made in 2000 or 2001?
Asking due to I was told I have a uplander package on my XJ and cant seem to find anything on it.

My XJ has factory tow hooks, factory front skid plate, factory T-case skid plate, factory rear fuel tank skid, a jeep logo on the seats where your head would touch, and seems to sit a little higher in the front when parked next to my other stock XJ.

Anyone have any ideas?

60th anniversary edition was naturally only available in the 2001 model year.

The options you noted were available separately or in the UpCountry option package.

UpCountry package: +1 inch springs and upgraded shocks, full skid plates and tow hooks, Limited Slip, Heavy Duty Cooling, full size spare, deleted rear sway bar, and a transmission cooler.

UpCountry package: +1 inch springs and upgraded shocks, full skid plates and tow hooks, Limited Slip, Heavy Duty Cooling, full size spare, deleted rear sway bar, and a transmission cooler.

^this.

I have one.

Our '96 Classic came with Up Country. Sits an inch higher, skid plates, tow hooks, and the funky upside-down shocks. Had a limited slip D35, needed to be replaced, now has an open 8.25. Also came with a 242 T-case.

Awesome! I wondered why the rear sway bar was gone and why I had ABS front and rear. I know its a D35 but not sure if its limited slip yet. With factory tow and cooler you would think it would have the 3:73 gears but it has 3:55 if I remember right

So I must have the UpCountry package:

Mine now sits like this:
Added 2" coil spacer to the 1" factory package
Old Man EMU shocks front/rear - replaced factory
2" shackles in rear - to help level it out
ABS front and rear - works great
Full skid plates - nice and solid
Tow hooks - come in handy
The Jeep logo on the front seats is a nice different touch
Factory tow package and tranny cooler
Full Size spare with Cover

Need to see what t-case I have and if it is a limited slip rear.

Did they make any upcountry decals or emblems? Or was it just plain looking unless you knew what to look for. I really need to swap the motors I have so I can show off her factory options.... :us:
Thanks for the help guys, now I need to figure out how to post pictures so I can show these items.

Last edited:
in Australia our Limited in 1994 came with these options as standard.

full skid plates , Limited Slip, Heavy Duty Cooling, full size spare, and a transmission cooler.

Did they make any upcountry decals or emblems? Or was it just plain looking unless you knew what to look for. I really need to swap the motors I have so I can show off her factory options.... :us:
Thanks for the help guys, now I need to figure out how to post pictures so I can show these items.

there were some years in the 90's that had upcountry decals in the pinstripes.

I've not seen anything denoting it on the exterior 97+

if you contact chrysler via their customer support page with your VIN they will send you the build sheet. I have ours.

97-01 sometimes have a 3"x2" decal in the cargo area window near the spare tire.
standard.jpg

60th anniversary edition was naturally only available in the 2001 model year.

The options you noted were available separately or in the UpCountry option package.

Just got a 98 Limited with what I believe is the upcoutry package. It needs front shocks bad. I have nto looked to see what is there. Do they take a different shock?

97-01 sometimes have a 3"x2" decal in the cargo area window near the spare tire.
standard.jpg

I'd love to rock that on the new to me 98.....

97-01 UpCountry had an upgraded gas shock. A shock for a stock XJ will work also.

The UpCountry decal, if you can find one anywhere, is now priced at about $58.

Back