• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE track bar, bracket and brace.

88trailcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Sitting on an RE 4.5" lift with the 1600 track bar, stock bracket.

Want to upgrade to the Bolt on bracket 1665 and cross frame brace 1670.

I searched and e-mailed RE, can't figure out if the 1600 track bar will work, do I need the 1660 trac bar? Or is it just the end connection that is different?

Always open to other set up suggestions too, but really prefer bolt on since I don't really have the ability to fabricate stuff.

You could probably get away with use the 1600, but I would recommend against it. I had that bar for about 2 years on 3.5" lift and it was OK. The heim started making noise only after a few months being installed and my axle side hole wallowed out (that was mostly my fault though). I just left it alone until I upgraded to the 1660-1665-1670 setup from RE. The 1660 setup is MUCH nicer. I've put a couple thousand miles on it and I still can barely get grease into the joint because it's still so damn tight. And I don't know if it's all in my head but I think the brace does seem to "firm" up the front end slightly. The 1660 is also much thicker than the 1600. I think the 1600 is only 1/8" wall IIRC.

Go with the 1660 and you will not be disappointed. Serious offroad usually has great prices on RE stuff.

You can do exactly what you want. You MAY need some washers to get the width right. But many people do this with success. I'd recommend using a new ruffstuff heim while you have it apart

Does their trac bar bracket result in a lower mounting point than stock?

I think my angles are ok right now, just looking to beef things up a bit.

What is the list of differences between the two track bars?

Shoot, I kinda didn't read your question carefully enough first time around.

RE1600 - 1/8" chromoly; single shear; stock axle side bolt; heim kinda sucks.

RE1660 - 3/16" chromoly; double shear; 1/2" bolt upgrade for axle side; good quality joint.

If money is not a huge issue I would upgrade. While the very few people I've seen run the 1600 in double shear seems to work fine with the proper spacers/washers or whatever the 1660s design is just flat out better IMHO.

Shoot, I kinda didn't read your question carefully enough first time around.

RE1600 - 1/8" chromoly; single shear; stock axle side bolt; heim kinda sucks.

RE1660 - 3/16" chromoly; double shear; 1/2" bolt upgrade for axle side; good quality joint.

Perfect! Thanks.

Does the RE bracket drop the track bar connection point?

Back