• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Explosion La Mirada/Whittier

praetorian

NAXJA Forum User
Hey did anyone hear some explosions in the La Mirada/ East Whittier area around 830pm tonight. It was a quick volley of 4 or 5 explosions then a final louder explosion. The first few sounded like gun shots but the last one was definately more than a gunshot. I called the Norwalk sheriffs station but they didn't know much other than they received other reports of explosions in the area but didn't know the cause. News isn't saying anything either. Am I crazy or did anyone else hear this?

nothing....but I am 6 miles from whittier

Did the Angels finially win and those were their fireworks going off after the game? :)

i was standing 30' from a power pole when the two main fuses blew. they look about the size of road flares, maybe a tad bigger. loud as hell and made the pole shake so hard it looked like someone threw wood chips and saw dust all around the pole a good 20' around the pole. i do NOT want to have that happen again. scared the crap out of me.

Here is a video of what you herd, they were loud ass fireworks with some kind of bomb at the end, this took place on the corner of Colima and whittier blvd, i was at the macdonald's across the street and caught it on my phone

https://vimeo.com/50667751
did you sign up here just to post this? Sure seems like it. :wave:

Back