• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 control arm mounts

mknack

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I crawled underneath my 2000 XJ today to try and find the source of a clunking sound and found out that pretty much all of the control arm mounts are cracked. The pass side upper is almost completely serparated and the lower pass side is all the way through on one side. After looking closer at the drivers side, I can see the lower is also starting to crack.

I know this is a common issue with Dana 30's, but I am having problems trying to find replacement mounts for the axle. I want to try and upgrade to a more heavy duty mount to try and avoid any further issues. I have looked at the axle truss systems out there and really don't want to fork out $500 for a truss that is upgraded to include the mounts.

Are there any sources out there that I can purchase heavy duty upgraded mounts for the stock Dana 30? I have seen 1 place that had some lowers, but I havent been able to locate anywhere that sells the upper passenger side.

Help

Undercover Fab

Blue torch

when I trashed the mounts on my old axle setup, I replaced them with rusty's lca mounts and RE sould me just the ps uca setup from thier bracket kit. worked fine and held up for years until I sold the axle. I just went thru this again last weekend on my daily driver, except I built my own lca and trackbar mounts outta some 3/16 I had laying around. I also boxed in the stock uca tower and boxed the coil buckets in. it was a fairly easy fab job that was able to be done in a couple of hours.

Had you reinforced the lower mounts and the pass side upper before hand, they'd still be holding up. Now you'll have to buy mounts and burn em on!

Currie LCA skids have kept my stock mounts alive through a lot of beatings. Upper I hacked off a while ago and replaced for a 3-link.

I'd go with the Ballistic fab full XJ mounts to replace the whole bracket setup with stronger stuff.

Doesn't someone make a crazy upper truss that replaces both upper mounts and is built like a brick $ht house?

Doesn't someone make a crazy upper truss that replaces both upper mounts and is built like a brick $ht house?

Why spend hundreds of dollars on a truss that is, in my opinion, junk when you can take some 2x4 or similar rect tubing and making one pretty easily. Thats what I did for my HP60, some 3x6x5/16 notched to fit tight from inner c to inner.

I spoke with one of the local welding shops and they were able to get some new lowers and repaired the upper and reinforced it. The job they did looks pretty good, I don't think I will have the same issue again. Thanks for help!!!!

Back