• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dove Hunters

We are heading out Saturday morning towards Maricopa and check that area out again. The past few years back we went to Blythe, but they closed too many good areas off to hunters.

We are heading out Saturday morning towards Maricopa and check that area out again. The past few years back we went to Blythe, but they closed too many good areas off to hunters.

I hunt maricopa every year and every year I see more NO HUNTING signs. Im tired of dealing with ranch hands. Left of the highway is all private with a ton of birds, right of the highway is mostly BLM with no birds.

Looks like ill be heading towards salton sea.

I hunt maricopa every year and every year I see more NO HUNTING signs. Im tired of dealing with ranch hands. Left of the highway is all private with a ton of birds, right of the highway is mostly BLM with no birds.

You can still drive through the orchards towards the aquaduct. There are no signs and still lots of birds.

Things continue to grow pushing huntable lands further out... we've had a fair amount of rain the past few weeks... I still see birds, but they're mostly in town.

Curt

I'm at a buddy's place in Porterville. Same as every year. Had a few beers and shots. Got the alarm clock set. Sunup's not far away.

Good shooting!

Things continue to grow pushing huntable lands further out... we've had a fair amount of rain the past few weeks... I still see birds, but they're mostly in town.

Curt

Total bust at the sea this year. Absolutely TERRIBLE. 12 guys 4 birds, NOTHING was flying. The storms really pushed the birds out. Made the treck from there to Maricopa for the afternoon shoot and had limit in 45min.

Should have gone there from the start :wierd:

Total bust at the sea this year. Absolutely TERRIBLE. 12 guys 4 birds, NOTHING was flying. The storms really pushed the birds out. Made the treck from there to Maricopa for the afternoon shoot and had limit in 45min.

Damn that's a haul.

Haven't been able to get out yet. I may have a day or two to get out mid week though.

Made the treck from there to Maricopa for the afternoon shoot and had limit in 45min.

Told you, :D. We had our two day limit this morning at the aquaduct.:wave1:

DoveSeasonopeningweekend2012.jpg

At about 10 AM, just 4 shy of our 2 day limit for 2 people. The bagged ones were already cleaned from Saturday. Had a great time, going back for more.:wave1:

Last edited:
Opening evening.

IMG952950.jpg

tonights dinner :)
0903121113a.jpg

Nice, wow that looks tasty. Did you guys stay at the Motel 8? There was a big group there who just had arrived from Salton Sea on Saturday night. Talked to a guy named Robert from Arrowhead.

So what does it sound like, when doves cry?

It's hard to tell, the sound of the shotgun blast seems to overpower any other noise. ;):moon:

Back