• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle Vent

kenny811

NAXJA Forum User
So I noticed my D44 was leaking and it seems to be fron the yoke seal. I also noticed the vent tube coming from the axle tube is blocked, I tried to put air from the tube bact to the axle tube, its blocked. Any thoughts?? Is the breather tube at the axle just go right into the tube?

The vent is just a plastic hollow piece pressed into the axle tube. To clean it out though just shove something through it, there's no valves in the way. Probably just gunked up oil in there.

With my old 44 I considered tapping it for a barbed fitting.

Ok so the tube was on a barbed threaded fitting in the axle housing. The other end of the tube plugged into a fitting in the uni-body rail. I unplugged it from that and just left it to breath under the jeep ( zip tied it to the fuel lines up high ). I didn't see any drips. Im thinking the tube in the uni-body was blocked or plugged.

I bought several feet of rubber line for my old toyota, ran it up into the frame as high as I could go with some loops in it to help keep out water, seemed to work pretty good. no issues with water in my diff, thinkin of doing it to the jeep now. whats the new way of venting your diffs now. been away awhile

I unplugged mine from the nipple in the uni-body, its just tied up high and no leaks. I hear the way is to get the old lines with the filter at the top from the JY. Or you can fit a small filter on the one there now. I think that how I will do mine.

I use something like this:
http://www.zorotools.com/g/00064613/k-G1483194?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_Shopping_Feed&kw={keyword}&gclid=CPjO9uHr2LICFayPPAoduDIA2w

Back