• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Big Bear Run (9-23-12)

Brandon77

Member# 3846
NAXJA Member
FYI:
One month from now a group of XJs are planning a run in Big Bear Sunday September 23. Meet up at 8 and hit the trail by 8:30. Post up if you can come or want to come. I will post direction on where everyone is meeting when it gets finalized.

This will be an easy to moderate trail run. I will post more info as it comes in.

Well I've only been there once and did dishpan, holcomb, and john bull. Not sure where those line up with your definition of easy, but i think anyone on 33's and a locker could handle it, maybe even less built depending on the driver. If I go I'd like to go for the weekend, maybe we can do a harder run on sat and a more mild run on sun if anyone's up for it.

My and some friends will be up there on Saturday. We're gonna do the Gold Mountain/John Bull loop. Nothing hard, but a fun trip.

My and some friends will be up there on Saturday. We're gonna do the Gold Mountain/John Bull loop. Nothing hard, but a fun trip.

Were you referring to the PO's date of Sat 9/23 or tomorrow? I'll be going, as of right now tomorrow 8/25. Doing John Bull, I should be just up from the dump on Holcomb trail around 8-8:30 There's a group from the low desert I know going so I'm thinking of tagging along.

Well I've only been there once and did dishpan, holcomb, and john bull. Not sure where those line up with your definition of easy, but i think anyone on 33's and a locker could handle it, maybe even less built depending on the driver. If I go I'd like to go for the weekend, maybe we can do a harder run on sat and a more mild run on sun if anyone's up for it.

I'd be interested in camping too Dan. In the valley or at the beach camp ok either way!! If you pick any in the Holcomb area we can tow all the way in and even easier at the beach, but more rules!

Were you referring to the PO's date of Sat 9/23 or tomorrow? I'll be going, as of right now tomorrow 8/25. Doing John Bull, I should be just up from the dump on Holcomb trail around 8-8:30 There's a group from the low desert I know going so I'm thinking of tagging along.

saturday, 9/22

I'd be interested in camping too Dan. In the valley or at the beach camp ok either way!! If you pick any in the Holcomb area we can tow all the way in and even easier at the beach, but more rules!
i wont be towing but whatever's clever! i just want to run John Bull both ways :D

i wont be towing but whatever's clever! i just want to run John Bull both ways :D

Be careful about going both ways with John Bull, I don't think he's like that! :moon: LoL I'll tow because thats where my Hilton is, in the van. I've never tented, I've always had something to sleep in (truck, camper, trailer ect...). Which means that I'd like to build a trailer with roof top tent in the future.

Last edited:

Lets make a weekend out of it... that does sound like a good idea :thumbup:

We should plan these two runs Saturday :yelclap: I have not done either and they are both on my to do list. We go from Gold mountain first and then over to John Bull?

We should plan these two runs Saturday :yelclap: I have not done either and they are both on my to do list. We go from Gold mountain first and then over to John Bull?

That would be the easiest way to go. Once you finish gold mountain make a left on 3n16 and take it to where the pre john bull section starts and head over to the rock garden that starts begins the actual trail. Should be a easy and doable in one day. Bring spare tie rods if you are running the stock stuff and have large tires. The stock stuff tends to bend on the larger rocks.

Back