• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Movin to Palm Springs..

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
Well this time next week I will be on my way to Palm Spring. Driving my girlfriends Escape down. She is from DHS and has convinced my sorry butt to move back down with her. I will be flying back up to AK until Nov. I figured most of the Snow-Birds will be in town by then so jobs may be easier to find.

How is the job market for a mechanicaly inclined, drug free white boy with a near perfect driving record?

My current job has no application what-so-ever.. Remote logistics and F.O.B's are not something Cali has a calling for. I was also an expediter up here so I may try to find a driving job and maybe even get my CDL. Another option is get my woodland firefighter cert, as I have been on numerous jobs in direct support and contact with them up here.

Any other suggestions would be great.... and I plan on picking up another XJ when I'm down too.. My F-350 would cost more to drive down than to buy a jeep..

Thanks, Zac

Idiot.

Ask anyone in palm springs area this time of the year, if they like their life.

If they don't, they should move.I enjoy the desert.I just hate the humidity.1 month of it. But i have found no better place to live. Guess you can always dream of living in the perfect place and temp year round..Gee that would be boring. What would folks cry about.LOL

Security job is the easiest thing to get around here, all you need is a guard card and pass a drug test... I'll sell you my jeep when your ready!

I'm no fool when it comes to pickin an XJ, lol.. Only had 4 at a time in college.

Security ehh... So I can feel like a pilsbury commando, WooHoo. Haha. I'll look into that, not something I would want to pursue for a career though.

FOOL !!! It's still over 100* now...

7 Mons. are good... 2 are Ehhh... the other 3... strait up SUCKS !!!
Scott is on Meds. so 50% of what he says is drug induced... of the other 50%only 25% is when he's awake... the remainder is ramblings in his dreams...

MAN !!! what a climate swap... the P.S. area has lots to offer once settled and ready to explore... unfortunately much less than what we had 20 yrs. ago, but still fun stuff...

Look into utility companies... The west end of the Coachella Valley = $ the east end is the working end of the valley aka the ghetto... as is DHS...

Tell the G.F. to meet you in Portland and see what it has to offer... :laugh2:

Curt

Good luck on the wilderness fire, a buddy of mine from SoCal had to move to Oregon to find a gig. If you're a driver try ups or FedEx

I would check into working on wind turbines, not the greatest hours but the pay is decent, or so I've heard. Not for anyone who has a fear of heights.

Actually found out I have a foot in that door VIA the G/f's best friends hubby. I'm going to look hard into this one.

Back