• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

APN Header

derrickdrew17

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where I can order a APN header and the correct Flex pipe? I tried googleing it but it came up with links that most are dead or the sites don't have them anymore!!

Not sure how mine is still running... one of the pipes are crack all the way around almost big enough to stick pen into. I can smell gas as its running real rich. But still no CEL lol

Yep sure is...installed when I just put my stroker in.I did nothing to it left it as is.I can tell you I have had the stock one in and the crappy one with the bellows...which I do NOT recomend.It had cracked and I went to the junk yard and got a stock one which sounded better.Anyways I do like it I can not tell if it due to the stroker or the header but it has a real nice throughty sound now.I figure even if they do have a life time warranty they ALL will crack eventually so I did not want to polish a terd by coating it or painting...what ever.I would say though use a Victor Rienz gasket I did not like the one it came with.I would get a nother in a heart beat.
OH incase you are using a 99 up intake manifold all I needed to do was dremel the webed area near the p/s section for clearence and where #6 is a TINY bit on the manifold then put some jb weld just INCASE it rubbed but you could probably lift it upwards when you bolt it on there is a tiny bit of play in the stock intake dowel locators.

Last edited:
I got mine for Amazon, it was a pita to install, the #6 pipe hit the intake and needed some messaging.

If you have a 99, or have swapped in the 99+ intake manifold this is why. I had the same problem when I ran two different APN's on my Jeep. Even ran into fitment issues on #1 both on one of mine and one on another XJ I was working on at the time.

Thanks for the fast response.. After I get my steering TRE all replaced im gonna order that next with a Flex pipe. and replace my motor mounts then i should be good to go. Next after that will be gears lol

If you have a 99, or have swapped in the 99+ intake manifold this is why. I had the same problem when I ran two different APN's on my Jeep. Even ran into fitment issues on #1 both on one of mine and one on another XJ I was working on at the time.

Yeah, I have a 99, 30 seconds with a bfh fixed the issue.

The pics are gone, although I had saved them to pbucket, but a former club member named Lloyd has a pretty detailed writeup on clearancing if anyone is worried about it. I wasted more time worrying about it than I did beating on it.

Installed my APN on a 99....perfect fit.

APNExhaustManifold1.jpg

DSC05295.jpg

DSC05296.jpg

I had new motor mounts and my APN lasted 1 year before it cracked. I put a stock one one that had the baffles after that. Will send this cracked APN back and sell it when they send replacement.

Back