• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build: Swapping a Few things from my 95 to an 89 I just got...

BlkXJ89

NAXJA Forum User
So I just got an 89 Automatic XJ with 130,000 miles on it and a solid body with hardly no rust for $250, currently the starter is burnt up which I am replacing. The 95 I currently have is a reconstructed title vehicle which had been in a side and front end collision so it has lost of rusting issues and water leaks from doors not sealing as well as my windshield is busted and leaks. I mainly use my XJ for trail riding but occasionally like to DD it. I was wanting to know if my AX-15 would be able to be transferred over to the 89 Auto XJ as I am worried about the speedo cable or does the cable actually go into the transfer case? I would like to know if anyone had a vac line diagram for the older 4.0s also. The vac lines are a mess. They told me it had misses and I can see why, half of the vac lines were either missing or unhooked. I am having issues with the electronics as well, nothing as far as anything electronic works. The dash, lighting, signals, interior lights, stereo, etc. I will rewire the entire vehicle with a new fuse box if I have to as I am an Electrical Engineer, but I was just wanting to make sure there wasn't a common issue I should know about that I could look for before tearing into the wiring. I plan on Herculining from the bottom of the rocker to the top body line all the way around the jeep to keep scrapes from trees to a minimal as I like to push them out of the way sometimes with my winch bumper. I like this jeep much better as it has the front and rear wing glasses and my current one doesn't so any help with this build would be grateful. My current one has a home made 4.5" lift with s10 leafs + f150 coils on 32x10.50 boggers and I plan on a 6.5" shortarm lift with sye and tom woods driveshaft on this one. Sorry for the newbie account. I had an old one on here and haven't had time to mess with the jeep lately as I had been working on my high hp street car so pretty much I forgot the email and everything related to the account, lmao. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Back