• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Gulches w/Stay The Trail - Sunday, August 5th

STT_Ambassadors

NAXJA Forum User
When: Sunday, August 5th; Meeting at 10am, Westcreek, south of town on Co Rd 68.

Where: The Gulches (Metberry, Longwater, & Hackett), along with FR895.
RSVP: Please email us at [email protected]

Vehicles: 4WD, but it would be great to have some dual-sport bikes join us.

We have heard a few stories that show the area outside of West Creek and Deckers could use the help of our volunteers. Our goal is to saturate the trail with responsible role models, document maintenance needs that we can’t get done ourselves. These areas were all affected by the Haymen fire and head towards the South Platte Rive, many ending at the county line. The management of these trails is incredibly complicated as it involves 2 ranger districts and 2 different counties.

Many people continue past where the trails end down to the river. This is creating some resource damage and could jeopardize the progress that is being made in the area.

GulchesStewardship-1024x384.jpg

What sized 4wd is needed. Interested in joining but only have a stock 1/2 ton currently .

I'd be down but my Jeep is currently in need of repair and won't be able to go.

This would near rainbow falls...I'm pretty sure the 3 big ledges at Rainbow falls were offtrail ?...can you verify since you're famillar with this area ...I had a friend take me there last year just to run these 3 ledges , but they do look offtrail ,but i've never confirmed it .

Last edited:
Back