• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Derek's old MJ Phase I - Exterior

Israel

NAXJA Forum User
I've wanted a project MJ for several years now and the stars have finally aligned to make it possible.

A local XJ guy overheated his '98 and bought a new head for it. He is moving and was tired of working on the jeep, so finishing the XJ wasn't an option for him. Since it wasn't running, no one really wanted to bite once he offered it up for sale. I showed up with cash a month or so later and got a screaming deal on it.

IMAG0341.jpg

I could finish the head swap and sell it, but I want the transfer case for my WJ and I have a sneaking suspicion that it would be more trouble than it appears on the surface. Plus, a few days after towing it home, Derek (jmaxj) sent me a text with this picture:
IMAG0802_2.jpg

His old MJ was on a trailer and about to be sent to the scrap yard. A few text messages and $300 later, it was off the trailer and in my backyard.

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

What's a guy to do with a Comanche in the back yard in need of a facelift and a '98 parts jeep 10' away? :D Pictures to come...

Cool, Israel. Does the MJ run?

sweet!!! glad you got it man, i was sad when he tried to scrap it.

and geoff that thing looked a lot better before the dude stripped parts off it. oh and if you need a couple more tail lights i seem to still have the spares i had for it.

sweet!!! glad you got it man, i was sad when he tried to scrap it.

and geoff that thing looked a lot better before the dude stripped parts off it. oh and if you need a couple more tail lights i seem to still have the spares i had for it.

I could use the passenger side at least. I noticed it was missing.

well if you were still going to the run this weekend i'd bring them to ya :D

Back