• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spedo Help

FSJunky

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished installing a Rugged Ridge SYE kit. And besides wrestling with some snap wrings, and trying to put my linkage on upside down :eek::eek: It went in amazingly easy. However now My spedomoter dose not work at all....I am guessing that I missed something with the reinstal? but thoughts or trouble shooting tips would be appreciated.

Its an NP231. on an 01 limited.

the speedometer sensor can be clocked for different gears. if you look at the side of it, there are numbers that relate to the number of teeth on the speedo gear. it will be a range, like 34 to 36t or something like that. find the range that your speedo gear fits in and orient the speedo sensor accordingly. you can search for clearer instructions, i dont remember much more than what i posted.

If you happened to clock the VSS to a setting for a gear larger than what you have installed, it may not be turning.

I believe that was Vanimal's point. It is, btw, a good one...

Back