• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Low Pressure AC switch polarity?

Ivan

I Jeep, therefore, I am..
Had the AC low pressure switch replaced a while back by a local automotive AC shop. It has worked well over time, but it finally failed again.

Problem is, the low pressure switch that was installed seems to be a generic one of sorts. The shop cut the stock connecter plug off the wiring harness, and connected it with simple spade type connectors.

I bought a new OEM low pressure switch, but was wondering if there are any polarity wiring issues? According to the FSM, it's wired in series with the High Pressure switch; so I'm ASSuming it's like any other switch and it won't matter which spade on the low pressure switch I connect to the wiring harness...

I figure I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right if it's polarity sensitive, but even with those odds, I'd like to be sure. What says ye....

You have a 100% chance of getting it right. The switch is isolated from ground, so there is no polarity issue.

Thank you!!! It's always nice to confirm my suspicions.... :wave:

Back