• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New here

Jeepnut1

NAXJA Forum User
Good morning Socal chapter, My name is Scott and I'm new to XJ's, not to wheeling, just something with an actual roof. heat and AC.
My wife Jeri and I just sold our CJ-7 that we enjoyed for the last 15 years and have moved to a more family friendly rig a 2000 XJ four door sport. It has some nice parts on it but will need some minor mods to make it "ours" and go everywhere we want to take it. I've already been working on some Clayton arms for the front to get it working right.
The short list of our new ride is:
Deaver springs
Detroit elocked rear
ARB front
4.88 gears
44 rear and a 30 front
Full cage
Bilstein 9100's all around
Sitting on 35's

I'm really looking forward to getting it out and seeing what shes capable of.

Some of our backround, we've both been riding and wheeling all of our lives. My wife has been in jeeps since she was 4 and her parents are one of the founding members of the Trailmasters jeep club, I've been riding motorcycles since I was 5, Sand cars at 13 and then got into fullsized truck wheeling when I was 16 and graduated to jeeps from there.
We like playing in the rocks, high mountain valleys, both low and high deserts.
With the little kids we have started to do more sight seeing and adventure type trips where we set a base camp(motorhome) and head out each day and back for showers and hot food, but I still needed something I can take on some of the more challenging trails around that I have enjoyed in the past.

As soon as I get the front end worked out we'll be joining in on a couple of runs to see how it works.

Scott

Welcome to the site, and the club! Hope to see you in the dirt some time. There are a lot of family friendly runs that go on around here, quite a few of our local socalers have young kids.

How about some pics of the new jeep?

Welcome aboard Scott and Jeri,
Good to see you join our international, but just as important our local family.

Keep your eye on the board and you'll usually find someone posting up a local M&G, or a trail run. A great way to meet and introduce yourselves in person.

Welcome to NAXJA. I have an XJ as well because it's more better with the family and carrying gear for long camping trips. See you on the dirt!

I'll post up some pics as soon as I can. Summer gets a little hectic at work. It really cuts into my internet time, damn day job.

I have to pull the shocks this weekend and reseal them two are leaking I might as well do them all.

Back