• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

24 hours of Lemons

cheapcherokee93

<----boat-manche
looks like i'll be going with a good friend of mine to the Buttonwillow race on june 30- july 1. For those who have gone, anything we should know about before we go? tips? tricks? do's? donts?

as of now we are taking my MJ and sleeping in the wildernest for the one night we have to spend there. from what i understand you can reserve a camping spot with RV hook ups, or you can camp for free in an area? i know this is a pretty straightforward event but i figured if i could get some tips from people who have done it before it would help the experience go a little better. looking forward to seeing the race XJ there :D anyone else from NAXJA gonna be there?

make sure the race rig is worth less than $500. and the theme is most immportant. i have friends who have awesome themes and i have friends who win and it seems like the guys who have fun with it have the most fun.

We race at Buttonwillow all the time. If your just camping out you don't need to pay for an rv space. That's just if you want hook ups. I suggest getting there early to find a camp spot in the grass and maybe even under a tree. Take lots of water or gatorade for the days (it will be hot), take lots of beer for the night! And have fun, that is an awsome track (my personal favorite) to race or watch a race at.

They have restrooms and outdoor showers there so take some swim shorts and if you sweat too much you shower off. There is also a cafe there that's open till about 4-5 in the afternoon.

Have fun I think I'm already busy that weekend or I would drive up.

Back