• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

La Dee Flats Clean up May 19th

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
The USFS, Dump Stoppers, Lobo's MC, and Those Guys Off Road will be hosting monthly clean ups of La Dee this summer. The next clean up will be May 19th. Hope to see you all out there. Meet up times and locations will be announced as we get closer.

Some helpful things to bring along....

• Gloves
  • Picker upper thingy
  • shovel
  • bags
  • camera
  • GPS

about the only hard requirement is gloves. This shit can get nasty, picking it up with bare hands is not recommended.

:wantyou::wantyou::wantyou:

It's on. This is a go!

In conjunction with Dump Stopppers, the USFS, and Friends of La Dee, Those Guys Off Road is honored to be hosting the first of a series of monthly clean ups of the La Dee area. We will be meeting at the bottom of the 4610 road where it intersects with HWY 224. Meet up starts at 9 AM and will run through 2PM.

Dump Stoppers has provided trash bags for us to use for this event. Our goal for the day will be to work our way up the 4610 towards the gravel pit. Depending on how many people show up we will either take a divide and conquer approach, or roam as a giant group and attack the mess that way. At 2PM we will host a quick snack of hot dogs, chips, and soda for those who have attended and we can either by done for the day or head up to check the snow levels depending on peoples interest.

I highly recommend that you bring the following to make your day more enjoyable.

• Gloves (very important)
  • Picker Upper Thingy (nice to have, saves the back from a long day of bending over)
  • Shovel (makes short work of large piles)
  • Metal Rake (plastic ones usually don't last very long)
  • Bug Spray (optional but keeps the no-seeums away from ya)
  • Appropriate clothing. (We can and most likely will encounter some poison ivy during the day, I don't recommend shorts for this reason. In addition it's still spring in the NW dress accordingly).
  • Camera - take lots of pictures! Share them here and on our Facebook, show the good work we do and take pride in it!
  • GPS - Helpful if we run into a large scale dump site that we will report to authorities. We can capture the coordinates and then forward on to them. Not required, but nice to have.
  • Cell Phone - surprisingly the coverage in La Dee is pretty good. Again optional, but nice to have if out of CB range.
  • CB Radio - Optional but helpful in coordinating needs and findings.
  • Purell / hand sanitizer - even with gloves the stuff can be nasty and wet and well... just plain nasty. You'll want to wash your hands before we eat.
  • Water / beverages - We will provide some soda's and water for lunch, but bring something to keep yourself hydrated during the day as well.

The most important thing to bring is a good attitude, and a bit of patience. Picking up trash is never what one sets out to do with their day, but with the right people and right attitudes it can turn out to be a pretty damn fun day. Some of the best times I have had in the woods have happened in this very section of woods while picking up trash and bs'ing with my friends. So come on out, bring your friends, bring your family, bring your friends family. We will have this event rain or shine, and hope to see you out there helping us support the forest.

Just wanted to take a second and say thanks to Awesome XJ for making out to our clean up on the 19th. You rock dude, and I seriously appreciate your willingness to come out and pick up the trash. It sucks, but it helps us move forward with building trails in La Dee. Thank you very much!

Next Clean Up 6/23/12

EbelMunkey007
AKA ThatGuy
www.thoseguysoffroad.com

I will be there, anyone know if Pat is going to show up. I meet him a couple of weeks ago, he has some bad ass toys.

Back