• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need some Tacoma area help

Chowderr

NAXJA Forum User
Here is my situation. I'm moving to Seattle on the 1st of May, and I wont be taking my stuff with me until I find a house to buy, so I am looking at this truck in Tacoma to get me around for a month or two. It is a 79 Chevy k30 and I am wanting to have a mechanic to check it out. They are at 16/Union area. If anyone could recommend a mobile mechanic that could go check it out, or if anybody is near there and could go by and see it let me know.
Thanks,
Tyler

Not sure if he's mobile but I'd give John a call down at Auburn Car Repair and Offroad. Maybe you could ask the owner to bring it to him or pay John extra for gas to go check it out. I'm sure everyone in this area would recommend him over anyone else though.

For our area, sure you want another truck? If you have a Jeep, might want to consider picking up a commuter, or something diesel to pull the existing Jeep

Thanks for the replys. I decided against the truck, and it looks like I am going to be taking my stuff with me, so Ill be DDing my XJ. How strict are the police on the whole exposed tire thing? Here is what I'm dealing with about 25% of the front tire is out of the flair and 75% of the rear tire.
IMAG0173.jpg

You'll want flares out back for sure. I got pulled over three times in two days while waiting for my flares to ship in after putting my 33's on (stuck out a little less than you). Mudflaps are a 'big' thing up here too, but I hardly ever get hassled for them now since mounting the flares.

you know it rains here right?

a lot. Not just twice during spring.

like more days than not... :anon:

you know it rains here right?

a lot. Not just twice during spring.

like more days than not... :anon:

I know. I am planning to seal it back up as soon as I find a rear hatch.

Back