• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P.S. drop Dana 60 in an xj. Clearance issues??

dead or alive

NAXJA Forum User
Just woundering if anyones done this... Id like to put a Dana 300 in place of the stock NP 231, and run a Dodge or Chevy (passenger side drop) Dana 60 on my 98' xj. Will i have any clearance issues with anything like the starter??

You will not have much uptravel with the stock exhaust. I guess you could technically rout it on the driver side since the t-case will be on the opposite side. What about a D300 with a flip kit and a standard driver drop axle?

Just woundering if anyones done this... Id like to put a Dana 300 in place of the stock NP 231, and run a Dodge or Chevy (passenger side drop) Dana 60 on my 98' xj. Will i have any clearance issues with anything like the starter??

Its hard to tell until you really start to measure, but the engine/trans in a 4.0 are not centered - they are offset to the passenger side by quite a bit.

You will find yourself short on space, but it has been done.

I'd like to run passenger drop for the simplicity of a future Chevy swap.. with the parts I have It just makes more since to me. Exhaust is shit anyway.:) I guess I could move some mounts around anything is possible. Although h.p. driver drop is very attractive!! Also I plan on running a coilover or airshock setup so everything is going to be pretty custom. I'd hate to redo everything..

Back