• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally time to take out the WJ

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
So it has been a slow process building the WJ. Most of the money from the sale of my XJ went to fertility so I was on a ridiculously tiny budget. I call this my craigslist build. Pretty much everything on it was found used on craigslist or forums except the bumpers. Right now it has a 4.5" Teraflex/JKS hybrid lift, MX6 adjustable shocks, tom woods front ds, JKS quick discos, 17" JK moabs on 33" BFG Muds, varilock axles front and rear, JCR sliders, and TAG bumpers.(The rear one hasn't been installed yet.) will go on soon. I also have some 3/4" spacers and bumpstops that need to go on. I also need to do some fender trimming in the rear, but she's at least somewhat trail worth at this point. Lockers, 4.56 gears, and long arms are all wanted but definately not in the budget and probably never will be in the budget. Here's how she sits as of 30 minutes ago. Plan to hit up Big Bear on Saturday 3/17 if anyone wants to join me.

DSC02423.jpg

Very nice, I actually saw a silver, lifted WJ earlier when I was at the beat. Little more lift, but didn't look as nice.

Looks good Brad... super clean... and after seeing your immaculate XJ, I wouldn't expect anything less!!

Sweet! It's looking nice and clean. Might be able to swing a trip out there to join you wheeling.

That would be awesome. The guy who bought my TJ a few years back wants to come along on the 17th as well. That would be weird, my last 3 Jeeps all out on the same trail.

Since this is it's first trip out with all the new (to me) parts, I don't want to go too extreme just yet. I will probably do gold mtn. and if there's time go over and do dishpan or holcomb creek. If I don't break anything too extreme, then I will do John Bull or Bull Frog/Cakewalk or Calico next time. Not sure if I want to take this one through the hammers. Time will tell; well....... actualy it will probably be more like my wife putting a stop to beating to death her dd.

You gave her another baby... this should make you guys even. :)

Funny as hell. That's exactly what I said to her. My logic was fullproof, but my wife doesn't use my type of logic. She just gave me that silent look that reminds me in a dumb ass.

Funny as hell. That's exactly what I said to her. My logic was fullproof, but my wife doesn't use my type of logic. She just gave me that silent look that reminds me in a dumb ass.
She probably has what I call "broad logic". Which is not logical really. Ha!
Not trying to offend anyone with this, so don't tattle on me.

That would be awesome. The guy who bought my TJ a few years back wants to come along on the 17th as well. That would be weird, my last 3 Jeeps all out on the same trail.

Haha. Make for an interesting run. I'll post up when the weekend of the 17th gets closer.:cheers:

Nice rig there man :).

I had to sell my xj before moving back to KS (I miss it) and when i got here i had to sell my YJ to pay IRS and for new court battle for my kids. I did end up with a ZJ to daily drive though and if i get some funds will hopefully get it built into a cool wheeling rig :).

Last edited:
Posting again to get rid of 666 number :p lol

I'm going to try to make it. My wife will be out with our newborn daughter and I'll be home with our son. Might as well take him wheeling. Besides maybe you can get Tony to come and he can see what his old rig looks like now, kinda like what you'll be doing with your old rigs.

Back