• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good bye SoCal

Chowderr

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I got out of the Marines a week ago and have been in Texas until I found a job. I will be headed to Seattle Washington working for the national weather service. I had fun out in socal and I want to thank all of you for showing me a good time.

Tyler

Seattle's a good town, I went to high school there. Be prepared for a climate shock and lots of hipsters. Lots of good breweries in and around the northwest and pretty much anything you could want outdoors related.

Watch out for the 'Seattle Freeze'

Weather service in Seattle? Your gonna be busy :)

Good luck.

Seattle Weather's easy: 8-9 months of "it will rain today". 2 months of "Partly cloudy, some sun, chance of rain", and 1-2 months of "well, be really careful driving down the hills... black ice is a b!tch!"

Tyler, it was good meeting you at Lawrence Welk a few months back... sorry you're leaving us!

Look up a guy named Homebrew on here... Paul's another SoCal expatriate, and lives in Bremerton. Tell him we all said "Hey!"

And come back & visit!

Back