• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elk Lake 1/30/2012

chero-car

NAXJA Forum User
Here are some pictures from yesterdays little adventure. Will post up a report later. Had it all wrote up and the computer froze and I lost it, so its time for the bar.

IMG-20120130-00170.jpg

IMG-20120130-00174.jpg

jeepinsnow.jpg

IMG-20120130-00175.jpg

This is as far as we made it, have to go back on a hypothermia run. Will post a few more pictures with a report later. Sorry about the pictures, tried to resize them but i guess it didnt work.

Last edited:
We made it past the turn off to the left where the actual "trail" starts and then about a half mile past that, we were by my guess about a mile from the lake.

Jermemy (98Cherokeesport35s) and I headed out of Salem at around 10:20 on Monday January 30th to see if we could find some snow. We decided to head to Detroit more specificly Elk lake. We made it to Elk lake around and hour later, Jememy drove his Dodge quad cab in the parking lot with alot of wheel spin as there was around a foot of snow in the parking lot. Jeremy unloaded, (Cherokeesport) and I locked in an air down the (Green Brick) We headed up the main road some of the snow had been melting so there were spots where water had run across the road making for some intresting flexing oportunitys. And more of my drive shaft hanging up on my upper control arm radius arm mount. Fun shit!!!!! we slowly made our way up the main road someone had already been most of the way to Elk lake, so it wasent to difficult unless you drove out of those tracks, which we did now and then just for fun. We made it up to the last 1 1/4 after stopping once for a pee break and let the rigs cool down a bit.

The last 1 1/4 had not been driven on so Jeremy decided to start breaking trail. He would hit the snow at roughly 15 mph and come to a complete stop, then back up and hit it again. we did this for roughly 3 hours getting stuck now and then, we switched off twice, to give the other person the oportunity to break trail. A couple of times we where both stuck at the same time, good thing we both have winches and a shovel. I think I had the best stuck of the day trying to back down from the point where we left off for our next trip to Elk lake. I dropped my passenger side into the ditch on the drivers side fun shit again. Jeremey was able to turn around at the point where he stopped breaking trail. It was around 3:30 pm and Jeremys Neighbor Jr need to get home to tend to some family matters, so we headed back down to the main road to load up all in all it was a great day, cant wait to get back to actually see elk lake, I would like to go and camp next time. I do need to fix the (Green bricks) radius arm mount and find the horrible popping sound in my front end, I think its either the steering box or my frame is craked around my steering box. Either way the Jeep needs some work, before its next trip, and for sure Rubicon.

Back