• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering column

kdogw06

NAXJA Forum User
hello everyone
Fist jeep and dont know anything. I have tried to research this but come up short with it some of you may think that i should not do it. So i bought a 94 xj sport the steering was lose to where i would be turing right the go back to the left it would hit a dead spot then i could turn left it was the same thing the other way so me i replaced the whole steering column with a yj so it kept doing it so on my cl a found a steering gear box from a 96 xj put that in and still the same then againg i got a new power steering pump thinking it was going out because of a little whine and it still does it. I got to looking at the lower steering shaft and that is my problem i think it is to long it is at the fire wall end to the upper shaft

sorry if i confused people my two question's are will a yj fit it bults up but is th shaft longer or shorter then the 94 xj column? then i still have the issue with the lower shaft that connects to the column? any help thank you

Back