• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Length

worldwidechance

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to lift my xj around 3.5 inches in a few days and I have 2 Rancho RS 5190 shocks. One end has a bar pin and the other has an eyelet.

My concern is the length. The collapsed length is 16 inches and the extended length is 26.5 inches.

Are they going to be too long?
I know that stock collapsed length is around 13.5 and extended is around 21.5 I just dont want to limit travel for fear of bottom out my shocks

I ran fox 10's, with oem mounting, first on a 'soft' 3" lift, as in RC. I later upgraded to a RE 3.5" lift kit, but i dont run a winch nor heavy bumper, so its more of 4.5", also on the fox 10's, Everything rode pretty good without straps.

The Fox 10's are 26.1"e, and 16.1"c, so assuming you use oem mounting, everything should be good to go... But as allways with shocks, no way to garuntee fitment without flexing the vehicle out.

Obviously, you'll need to get some eyelet to post adapters for the top. These are 10" of travel which will leave about 4" of uptravel by guesstimation. Sounds pretty decent for lcog rig depending on how everyhting else is set up.

I had some RC hydryo's that wer eapprox same length as your on my 3.5"ish lift. Was fine until I raised my shock mounts. SO stock-replacements are what I have now. Bumpstoping is good too.

Back