• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon this Fri or Sat

sdspearo

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Kinda sorta short notice, but I'm off these two days and want to get some wheeling in. I'm open, but I'm thinking Corral Canyon, either day is fine with me. We ran the Connector the last time I was there, so I'm thinking Gunslinger and Sidewinder this time? Let me know if you have any better ideas!

i can do sidewinder with my stockish rig, but im not sure on gunslinger (never seen it). How much worse is it than sidewinder?

the only mods i have to my xj is a 4" lift and 31x10.5 mud terrains. no body armour or lockers. i'd like to escape as dent free as i went in (completely). if gunslinger is pretty gnarly, i guess i could just do sidewinder and maybe bronco.

Last edited:
You'd at least want sliders if you want to remain dent free. Open/open would make for a slow day, expect to get strapped a lot and have good tow points front and rear. All that being said, if you're game we can plan accordingly.

well i certainly dont want to hold the group up, that sucks for everyone else.

is that in respect to gunslinger? so it is worse than sidewinder?

nobody knows if gunslinger is tougher to clear with a stockish rig than sidewinder is? i need to start working on my xj if i'm going, that's the only reason i ask.

agh darn, sidewinder was doable, but i have a feeling it was near the limits for my jeep. I almost had to stack or winch on one section.

agh darn, sidewinder was doable, but i have a feeling it was near the limits for my jeep. I almost had to stack or winch on one section.

If you can do Sidewinder you can do Gunslinger. Gunslinger is pretty simple. When you get to where Gunslinger ends (if you're going west to east), you would have to either turn around and run Gunslinger back, or go up Bronco Peak or down Bronco Flat.

Going up Bronco Flat (south to north) and out Gunslinger (east to west) is pretty fun. Getting up Bronco Flat is probably a little tougher than running Sidewinder.

Here's a map I made:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...ll=32.707235,-116.56846&spn=0.006942,0.009645

If you can do Sidewinder you can do Gunslinger. Gunslinger is pretty simple. When you get to where Gunslinger ends (if you're going west to east), you would have to either turn around and run Gunslinger back, or go up Bronco Peak or down Bronco Flat.

Going up Bronco Flat (south to north) and out Gunslinger (east to west) is pretty fun. Getting up Bronco Flat is probably a little tougher than running Sidewinder.

Here's a map I made:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...ll=32.707235,-116.56846&spn=0.006942,0.009645
Thanks for the info!
i think i did bronco peak last time, but we got to a point where it started getting pretty gnarly going down and it was getting close to dark so we decided to turn around.
we went through sidewinder starting not too far from 4 corners, then we came out probably not too far from the camp ground (there was a bathroom with garbage and recycling barrels there). then we went to Bronco Peak from there, which didnt seem to be too far.

looks like im out anyways, going to ocatillo with some friends for new years. have fun guys!

John, if I can't get anyone to commit for Fri or Sat, does your group have room for one more on Sunday? I can probably make arrangements to be free that day.

John, if I can't get anyone to commit for Fri or Sat, does your group have room for one more on Sunday? I can probably make arrangements to be free that day.
We can always make room for one more brother! If you are going to be able to go gimme a call at nine fi wun, tu tu five, fi fi fi wun. We can meet up along the way and caravan down there. Anyone else able to make it on Sunday?

Damn the luck and family events. LOL I REALLY wanna go!!! I even got a GoPro Hero2 to to try out for Santa this yr. LOL Guess i'll have to plan another run for those who can't make this one.
Corral Canyon? Or Pancake Rock?

i think there was mention of the 7th for a corral run in a previous thread. i could do that.

We can always make room for one more brother! If you are going to be able to go gimme a call at nine fi wun, tu tu five, fi fi fi wun. We can meet up along the way and caravan down there. Anyone else able to make it on Sunday?

If I can fix my shackles before Sunday, I would probably be in.

What time would you be heading out?

John, I'll call you about Sunday's run.

Mike, cool maps. I'll have to bookmark those. Always wanted to run the Dusy Ershin trail.

Back