• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My/our other ride

dannanw

NAXJA Forum User
Mom's rig that dad and I take wheeling.
IMAG0485.jpg

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0483.jpg

Funny how the wife's get the nice car and we get stuck with the junkers. I spent the entire time I was in Iraq dreaming of buying an S4 and a year after my return I finally got it. I drove it for about 3wks and then it somehow became the wife's car. My only chances of getting it back now that its at over 200,000miles is to get her something newer and nicer. :huh:

Flat bed dually's rock btw. Yours looks like an 03 w/ the 6.0L, is that right? Manual or automatic?

Lights looked different on my phone. I also didn't see the smaller powerstroke badge on the doors that I thought was on all the 7.3L SuperDuty's.

E99's was on the front fender, and i/we just found that her car might of lost a cylinder. Compression check failed, going into the shop today.

Cyl 3 no compression? Usually the first to go.....

Subaru = Job security :D

I though VW's were?? Oh wait, they're built correctly and don't have issues. (minus the damn tiptronic transmissions). In your face Subaru!!!

Actually Subaru is the only Japanese manufacture I'd be proud to buy a car from. Mainly because they use a VW Beetle engine though. :D

I though VW's were?? Oh wait, they're built correctly and don't have issues. (minus the damn tiptronic transmissions). In your face Subaru!!!

Actually Subaru is the only Japanese manufacture I'd be proud to buy a car from. Mainly because they use a VW Beetle engine though. :D

Please pass me whatever it is you are smoking, as it seems to have you thouroughly convinced that VW makes a solid, reliable, yet easy to maintain vehicle. :bs::D

As soon as I get this last little bit of my tools paid off I plan to save a few pennies and pick up an older Subie, toyota, or honda. Just kinda depends which one finds it's way into my life on a flatbed first. :shhh:

VW does make a solid, reliable, and easy to maintain vehicle. I mean I could be wrong, maybe I just lucked out and all 10+ VW's I've own/owned are the exception? :dunno: Hell, even the Purple Passat of Despair is still running strong after like 6mos. I have't done anything more than put gas in it when that stupid light comes on and throw on a set of used tires. Otherwise zero maintenance to date.

Oh, and I'm on my second Audi S4 to surpass 200,000 miles with factory turbos. The first was a 93 5cyl with 240,000ish and now my 2000 2.7T with 204,000. I'm just saying.

Last edited:
VW does make a solid, reliable, and easy to maintain vehicle. I mean I could be wrong, maybe I just lucked out and all 10+ VW's I've own/owned are the exception? :dunno: Hell, even the Purple Passat of Despair is still running strong after like 6mos. I have't done anything more than put gas in it when that stupid light comes on and throw on a set of used tires. Otherwise zero maintenance to date.

Oh, and I'm on my second Audi S4 to surpass 200,000 miles with factory turbos. The first was a 93 5cyl with 240,000ish and now my 2000 2.7T with 204,000. I'm just saying.

28824112.jpg

That is all.

Just never seen a vdub go past the 170 mark. I just like giving you (and every other vw owner I run into) a bunch of crap. =P Sorry to the OP for going so off topic with this... haha

As opposed to what? All of the "super reliable" Honda B and D series motors I've swapped out for people at barely over 100,000?

Some of us are old enough to remember when 100,000 miles was the most you cou;d expect from your car. Me personally, I've only ever owned 2 vehicles with less than 100,000 miles on them from the get go. But again, I could be blessed. I made a Chevy 2.8L V6 last almost 300,000.

It had 80,000 on it when we got it. It seems to be burnt valves on #4 real bad and #1 too. $4700 if both heads are gone and it needs all valves. Long story short....should be done (i hope) in a week or so.

Parts for the jeep and paying off truck and getting a new DD for me is gonna be a while. Turned down the boost on the shadow to 5-6 lbs to make it last longer till I can afford to make it faster. Oh and warn hubs do work on a dually even though they say they don't. Yea between the truck hubs, her car and Christmas I am more than broke.

Back