• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

teraflex hand throtle

This should not be used fro cruise control. What those are used for is to keep the RPM constant while going over rocks off road. Usually used with a manual transmission. Not for use on the road where it is not needed and is unsafe.

Ive been looking at this cause I really want a hand throttle for rock crawling. I was also going to use it on long trips to rest my leg. I expect it for xmas. But real cruise control is nice cause you can speed up and slow down with buttons!

Bad idea for cruise control, you have to make a conscious decision to return to idle, or change throttle position at all. If you're gonna use it for 5-10 seconds to stretch your ankle, I can see that, you're paying close attention. I wouldn't consider using it for more than that.

I had a hand throttle on my 94 for a couple of years. I found it wasn't all that useful with proper gearing behind a 5spd.

Yea the usefulness of a hand throttle is minimal. My biggest fear with it is drunk passengers cause people love it when I DD for some reason.
"If you touch it again, you'll draw back a bloody stump. Clear?"

I have the RE one on mine, I doubt you could use it as CC anyways, the amount it moves the throttle is minimal at best. Like stated above not very usefull. I just use mine to get started while going up a hill (to get my foot off the brake and on to the gas with out stalling) I have played with it in the neighborhood and I can drive around up to 3rd gear but it starts to bog down after that and will do about 20mph.

As stated above I was geared 4.88 with 35's and only ever needed it on really steep hills

Back