• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cruize control

jamesbtaylorjt

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone tried to install any after market cruze? I do some long trips and would love to have it. EBay has something from tera flex. To keep the idle up but it sez not to use it as cruze control. But I think it would work better than the brick I'm using now. Lol!

Year? The factory Cruise Control can be retrofitted with very little problems or costs on the 97+ Heeps.

It is rather easy to retrofit cruise to XJ's if you grab the right parts like steering wheel with switches, clock spring, cruise control module and vacuum motor (varies on your year). I looked into this awhile ago and there was an aftermarket kit that was stand alone with a little controller that you just attached to your dash. I think the company went under or stop making them cause the price of them was rising and i said screw it. Also thought about a hand throttle that i could lock into place but never got around to it. plus I'm under geared so am constantly shifting between 4th and 5th

You can get the parts for the factory cruise fairly cheaply on eBay or from the boneyard. All the wiring is already there. (That's the way I did it for my '98.)

note that "cheaply" is relative. I've had very good success with 2 Audiovox cruises I've installed on different vehicles. That can be done with new parts for about $150.

note that "cheaply" is relative.

IIRC, I paid about $15 for the switches that go on the steering wheel (eBay), about $20 for the clockspring, and $25 for the vacuum throttle actuator (both of those from the junkyard). I had a spare lamp for the dashboard cruise indicator already, so I didn't need to worry about that at all. I'd say factory cruise for $60 and a couple of hours of my time was pretty cheap.

Oh yea, Audiovox was the company I was thinking about. Yea $150 is alittle pricey and went the junkyard route on my 95. Costed me like $50 or something

Back