• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE6130" Installed 6 months - Need help

creeknxj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm experincing bump steer when driving. Seem the wheels want to follow the road. (dips and curves) The steering wheel doesn't shake.

Setup:
4.5" SuperFlex 6130 with adjustable LCAs; HD trackbar and bracket.
16x8 5" BS wheels w/ Goodyear M/Ts 245/75R16 (31s)
on level ground the front sits lower by 3/5"
Front 22" Rear 22 3/4"

Tried upgrading the steering stablizer, no help.
Thinking of trying a 3/4" coil spacer to level out the front end, would this help in any way?

And the truck has been in 2 different alignment shops, and they both said the alignment is ok. What should the caster and toe angles be set at?

Thanks
web site

Do you have a drop pitmant arm?? I know they tend to cause bump steer

I believe I do. The trackbar and steering link look close to parellel.
How can I really tell. Part # ?

#1-where did you get the16x8 rims
#2-With that size tire on that rim your talking alot of sidewall flex
#3-No you dont have a drop pitman arm

Btw;had almost that same kit for over a year,it was sweet!Only differences-fixed lowers/adj uppers and Extreme Duty trackbar.Also dont forget youve got a LP D30 so you have additional issues(been there, done that).

Last edited:
LP Dana30 ? whats the issues there? (strength) I'm not a hardcore wheeler. (yet)

The wheels and tires are from a friends 03' rubi.
Will the drop pitman arm resolve this problem I'm experincing. See original post

You probably dont have enough toe-in,most shops deal with specs and dont understand the requirements of a lifted vehicle with larger tires.
The problem with the LP D30 is castor vs. pinion angle,all you can do is a compromise between the two.

After searching and reviewing - Conclusion

I have ordered the RE9900 and RE9905 drop brackets and braces to install. This should resolve the handling issues by bringing the control arms angles back to stock.

I know the brackets are lower, but would they really cause issue when wheeling (drag or hung up on them?)

I priced out the long arm option, but too expencive of an upgrade at this time:

RE upgrade to long arms $ 1400 Canadian
RE brackets $ 400 Canadian

Back