• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone want to go to Bowns Camp Tomorrow? 12/11/11

Here is my one and only I phone image.

0a61a705.jpg

Here is my one and only I phone image.

0a61a705.jpg

It was a epic day, we drove the icy roads up to firebreak five drifting sideways the whole way. The trail was a mess and the big rock that has been in the center of the hard part of the trail was now gone and going straight up the middle was the easy line. We continued up firebreak, crossed the road, and I started bombing down the trail. My buddy in the MJ didn't notice how fast I was going so he decided to do the same and catch up. I got to the next road crossing and here comes Dan in his MJ with a huge tear in his sidewall from hitting a rock a little to hard. This is is third or forth big a/t he has destroyed in a very short amount of time, damn those tires are wimpy!

He proceeds to try and drive his truck with a flat back to the staging area so people won't mess with it while we pick up a spare tire, I loose him again so I turn around. His hood is propped open on the side of the road and, not good. It turns out there is a clamp that bolts to the intake manifold to hold the plastic fuel lines in place and Dan never put the bolt back in. The aftermath was that they were leaning against his metal power steering line and melted to it spraying fuel all over his engine.

So I drove everyone into town to get a tire, hose clamps, and fuel hose. It was getting dark by the time we got back, had no time left for wheeling anymore, it was a waste of a day and over 300 miles put on my jeep.

Back