• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headed to Superstition....Looking for Trails

Fornstar

NAXJA Forum User
Headed out to Superstition this weekend in the XJ. Will be the first time out since I have put the lift and tires on, except Glamis on Thanksgiving. Have only ever been out there on bikes, quads, rails and go fast type stuff.

Trying to find some good trails for the Jeep instead of running washes the whole time. I have the book "Guide to California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" so I have the coordinates for the trails in there.

Anyone have any coordinates for some other trails out there?:cheers:

Running 4.5" Lift, 33x12.50, open open

Last edited:
I've never been wheeling out there either, so can't recommend any trails. But....if you're looking for another XJ to join the mix let me know.

I've never been wheeling out there either, so can't recommend any trails. But....if you're looking for another XJ to join the mix let me know.

You are more than welcome to come on out. Its an all guys trip that we do every year. We won't be getting too rowdy but also don't mind people that do. Going to leaving out sometime Friday. Gonna head out the 78 and hit Split Mountain and cut across the desert to get there.

You'll have to google the GPS coords, but look for Wishbone 1,2 and 3, Lost dutchman is good too.

San Diego 4 wheelers annual event is out there (those are their trails) January 14-15th.

That was me, Mark, Mike and Tom in that video. Im out there all the time. I will be there New years eve.

You will be fine, the trails are always kinda hard to find at first. It all looks the same and its hard to tell where you are when you are down in a gulley. Luckily there are now a bunch of cnc cut steel signs on many of the trails. Thank Dallas of stinky fab, I think he cut them all. Just go back behind sand dam, follow the trail back to the road and then go a bit west. They are all back in there.

Have a blast, report back about all the fun you had. I would go, but have a christmas party this weekend, dinner with family after that and then we are in to Christmas weekend.

KH

That was me, Mark, Mike and Tom in that video. Im out there all the time. I will be there New years eve.

You will be fine, the trails are always kinda hard to find at first. It all looks the same and its hard to tell where you are when you are down in a gulley. Luckily there are now a bunch of cnc cut steel signs on many of the trails. Thank Dallas of stinky fab, I think he cut them all. Just go back behind sand dam, follow the trail back to the road and then go a bit west. They are all back in there.

Have a blast, report back about all the fun you had. I would go, but have a christmas party this weekend, dinner with family after that and then we are in to Christmas weekend.

KH

Thanks man,
Was looking forward to exploring behind Sand Dam the most. Always wanted to check out behind there but never have.

Matt

That was me, Mark [markw], Mike [Mikedashg] and Tom [Tripdog] in that video. Im out there all the time. I will be there New years eve.

You forgot me (riding b!tch though), and Ron [ronbo] Adkins... and I think Ray [rpili2001] Pili was along, too. That was a great trip! Mark's exhaust stunt still amuses me :laugh:.

Have a blast, report back about all the fun you had. I would go, but have a christmas party this weekend, KH

x2! Let us know how it goes!

Back