• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

[SIZE=3][COLR=red]Warn hub conversion -lockout hubs![/SIZE][/COLOR]

98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I know its been ridden many-many times. I am about to install Warn frnt hubs conv on my xj with 6" of lift because of terrible front end vibes. (I know its connimg from front). Recently got new frnt d-shaft (full splined slip yoke) and vibes got worst.
How big of a tire can Warn conversion handle w/o replacing lockout hubs every trail ride? And overall impression from Warn hub conversion, is it worth the money?

98XJ said:
I know its been ridden many-many times. I am about to install Warn frnt hubs conv on my xj with 6" of lift because of terrible front end vibes. (I know its connimg from front). Recently got new frnt d-shaft (full splined slip yoke) and vibes got worst.
How big of a tire can Warn conversion handle w/o replacing lockout hubs every trail ride? And overall impression from Warn hub conversion, is it worth the money?

Edit your title bro.

acouple of my friends run the conversions with 37 claws and 36 tsls they have ahd very little trouble with them. have they broken I can't remember them breaking any on the traiil just one issue of a bad bearing eating a spindle after years of abouse and being driven to every event and wheel hard.

I ran the 5 x 4.5 hub conversion with 35s and a welded front. Wheeled the hell out of here where we have rocks to play on. :) It held up fine, never broke a thing in the front.

Was it worth the $$$$, I'd say no. I wish I'd sunk that $1200 into a D44 front instead. Cause after you pay $850 for the kit, $200 for machined rotors (or have yours machined) and inner shafts if you dont have 1 pc pass. shaft, you have a well built Dana 30. blah.

if your panning to get the 5x5.5 kit this would be the strongest possible on the D30. 5x4.5 is a bit weaker than the 5x5.5. but over all these 2 kits can handle more than your D30. I wouldnt worry about it if I where you. You will most likly brake something else before you brake that kit.

Thanks for replies ! One more thing about rotors!

Would it be possible to use dremel tool or some other method to enlarge pilot hole in front rotors?
I can get cast iron rotors for dirt cheap....but dont wanna spend too much money on machining proccess...
Anyone has tried to do that?
TIA

Back