• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory pitman arm?

Where's the best location to get a factory pitman arm? I'm pulling mine right now, and it's beginning to look like I may have to cut it off. Just need to get it off to drill the tapered hole out to 5/8".

impact wrench and a hammer gets them off everytime for me.

I have one you're welcome to.

Thanks, though I got mine off!

Cant you drill it in place? Thats what i did when I went to my larger steering...

I thought about it, but didn't want to get the hole crooked, going to 5/8 for a heim setup.

impact wrench and a hammer gets them off everytime for me.

That's what I was trying, kept spreading the puller. Ended up putting a c-clamp on the puller, impacted it until it wouldn't impact anymore, put a breaker bar to it, then smacked it hard with a hammer. Popped off nicely after that. :D

That's what I was trying, kept spreading the puller. Ended up putting a c-clamp on the puller, impacted it until it wouldn't impact anymore, put a breaker bar to it, then smacked it hard with a hammer. Popped off nicely after that. :D

That is the trick!

I thought your just cracked and fell off? Or is that only on the trail?:gee:

It actually didn't fall off. :)

IMG_7269Medium.jpg

Ended up putting a c-clamp on the puller, impacted it until it wouldn't impact anymore, put a breaker bar to it, then smacked it hard with a hammer. Popped off nicely after that. :D

you're lucky, when I tapped mine with the hammer it left the box with high velocity, there is a chunk missing from the garage floor and a hole in the wall about 4 feet away :anon: The hammer tap is the way to go, put it under load then start smacking it with a towel wrapped around it so it doesn't go flying.

Back