• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations for Better Grounds on 88XJ?

CJR

NAXJA Forum User
My 88XJ runs well. I have redone my grounds with heavy stranded copper wire with copper ends instead of plated steel ends and have added extra grounds. Likewise, I've maintained clean terminals in my sensor connections and my firewall C101 connector with Deoxit and GB Oxgard.

I'm now thinking about opening up my wiring bundles to clean/re-solder all my crimped ground connections and then run additional ground wires from each sensor ground wire directly to the negative battery terminal.

What are your tips/suggestions; i.e. gauge wire, most important sensors to do first, etc.

Best regards,

CJR

if you have an 88... stay as far away from the oem wiring as you can...

only a true sadist would enjoy dealing with those duct tape splices....

what problems are you trying to fix with this?

XCM,

I'm not trying to fix any serious problems, just keep it running as reliably as possible. The "achilles heel" of the Renix XJs are the poor grounds/connectors, etc. and sometimes the varying quality of the sensors. I want to incorporate the best wiring fixes/upgrades possible based on actual experiences of XJ owners.

Best regards,

CJR

Back