• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking to add a factory power driver seat need info

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I found a 97+ factory power driver seat in my local pull-a-part last time I was there and I am thinking about grabbing just the base for it and adding it to my 97. Is there a wiring harness that I need to grab with it or are the provisions already there and this is a plug and play deal? Reason I am wanting to get it is I like the idea of a power driver seat and the power seat goes up and down as well as back and forth so my 5'3" gf could drive it a little easier if she can make the seat go up enough for her to see better.

Some Cherokees have a seat wire harness and some don't. All you need is 12 volts positive with a fuse, and a ground.

All you need to grab is the enough of the plug for the seat bracket to fab up a new harness. On the 2000 I had the fuse, and wiring was in place up to the passenger side seat. All I did was cut the factory plug off under the passenger side, extend the wiring over to the drivers side, and insert the fuse in the fuse block. IIRC dual power seats only became an option in 2000+ so you may not have the wiring to that point. Regardless a constant hot power source capable of delivering (IIRC) 20A will power the seat. Just don't forget to add a fuse.

The power seats are nice believe it or not they actually give you more leg room than the manual sliders.

Back