• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery in SoCal?

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
I need a battery for one of my cars. It is a Group 48 / H6. Dont know if the H6 is something more special or a way to charge more money. :twak:

Where do you guys get yours? I'm looking best price for a good reliable battery. Dont need a $200+ one though. :laugh3:

Johnson Control and Interstate suck. All about Exide!! lol.

Costco, or Napa. Thats my choice. Dont buy Walmart Batteries unless you can confirm they are not Johnson Control. They are crap.

Johnson Control and Interstate suck. All about Exide!! lol.

Costco, or Napa. Thats my choice. Dont buy Walmart Batteries unless you can confirm they are not Johnson Control. They are crap.
Uhhhh, you're trippin'... Johnson Control makes NAPA batteries (as of '08 I believe). They also make the Duralast batteries for Autozone, which are EXCELLENT batteries for being a non-sealed battery. He's trying to find a good battery for cheap, Autozone is the place to go. Duralast Gold is a GREAT battery for cheap.

I'm running NAPA batteries in the Ford now Andy, they seem to be doing fine.

Deka makes the batteries for NAPA on the eastern side of the country, and Johnson Controls makes them for the west end. Exide has been losing business for a while according to a few people "in the know" due to their quality.

Last edited:
I can get batteries and parts for fairly cheap. I work at a OEM Ford and Chevy parts distributor. I can get ACdelco and Motorcraft batteries for almost anything, let me know. Cash only though

Uhhhh, you're trippin'... Johnson Control makes NAPA batteries (as of '08 I believe). They also make the Duralast batteries for Autozone, which are EXCELLENT batteries for being a non-sealed battery. He's trying to find a good battery for cheap, Autozone is the place to go. Duralast Gold is a GREAT battery for cheap.

I'm running NAPA batteries in the Ford now Andy, they seem to be doing fine.

Deka makes the batteries for NAPA on the eastern side of the country, and Johnson Controls makes them for the west end. Exide has been losing business for a while according to a few people "in the know" due to their quality.

Also, hate to break it to you, but further research shows your Costco Kirkland batteries are also Johnson Controls.

Just did more digging and my info has been dated. Yes you are correct. Still... Hate J.C. for there crap lol. Go with what you know I guess.

Back