• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sound/heat insulation

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of a local shop (Orange county) where I can pick up sound/heat insulation matt for the inside of the XJ?

If you can't find something local, I got both my carpet, and heat/sound insulation from www.stockinteriors.com. The prices were reasonable, and the carpet fit was excellent.

IF you happen to get carpet, get it with the standard backing. Don't get the upgrade to the Mass Back. It makes it a royal pain to install.

The carpet is custom cut to fit the XJ. The heat/sound insulation is a bulk roll 3 feet wide.

David Bricker / SYR

Are you looking for the whole thing or just to cover the passenger hotfoot area?

I've got some leftover in the shed, might be enough to keep the passengers feet from burning but not much more than that. It's good stuff, I have it in the '96 and the carpet stays cool.

I want to put it along the transmission tunnel and on the rear floor pan above the muffler.

I have peel n seal on the floor and then I put an extra layer of house carpet padding under the carpet. Much quieter and keeps the heat out.

I read that peal n seal can stink like petroleum when it heats up. You ever get that?

I read that peal n seal can stink like petroleum when it heats up. You ever get that?

Nope never, It has melted a little under the rear seat but it never off gassed. The one I used was more rubbery than tar.

I need to put a layer of carpet in the cargo area as the silver is getting scratched off.

Cheap alternative:

IMG_5608.jpg

Back