• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom lift

beastlydumass

NAXJA Forum User
i wanting to do a 13in lift and was wanting to kno if anybody has a clue to who or were i can get one or close to the size. trying for springs and shackels and trying to stay away from blocks. its for a 95xj stock drive train.

your going to catch a lot of flack... but i know rustys makes an 8" kit.

what size tires do you plan to run, and what axles?

if you want BIG tires and BIG lift... your best bet might be an axle swap with a leave conversion in the front.

I have never seen anything bigger than an 8 inch kit. You may have to convert to leaf springs up front and have some custom springs made or find some springs for another application that will give you what you are looking for. Hope you are planning on going with some new axles since the ungodly huge tires you would probably being running with that much lift would snap the stock ones like a tooth pick.

You can do it but its gonna A.) be way too damn big B.) its gonna fall over if you turn and C.) its not gonna be cheap to do it right. Just my .02.

Do like all the giant mud car builds, bolt your xj ontop of a blazer frame. No need to try and beef up the unibody for massive wheels and tires then.

your username fits this thread in ways I cannot even express. That is all.

Do like all the giant mud car builds, bolt your xj ontop of a blazer frame. No need to try and beef up the unibody for massive wheels and tires then.
Ya beat me to it. I was gonna suggest stacking a couple frames under the XJ...:D

For a 13" lift, probably the best advice would be to start with a full size...

theres a few jeeps down here like this already and never have any problems. guna run 36x14.5 with 2.5bs. if i cud figure out how to post pics id show you what im talking about. guna run stock axles till they break then go to 3/4ton or dana 60.

theres a few jeeps down here like this already and never have any problems. guna run 36x14.5 with 2.5bs. if i cud figure out how to post pics id show you what im talking about. guna run stock axles till they break then go to 3/4ton or dana 60.

I live where theres only mud so I know what your trying to do. Its an entirely different build then the majority of people on here whom run trails and rocks..

But honestly I wouldn't go that big of lift unless your going full width. I'm planning on going around 12" of lift and 40's-ish but not until a d60 and 14 bolt. An 8" on 36s will be a good height for the mud and won't look stupid high. As far as stock axles, run them til they die, hopefully you'll get lucky like some do

All ya gotta do is stick a piece of schedule 40 black pipe in the upper coil bucket, run a couple zip ties thru it and put a plate on it to space the coil down. You can still run the stock control arms and coils and everything! Should only cost about 10 bucks.

Never, ever, ever drive on the road.

Actually, I bet you could run some 40s on 2.5" back spaced wheels and that lift. SCHWEET!

Buy 12" lift coils for a full size and modify the coil buckets... That'll be nothing compared to the work you'll have to do to accommodate that much lift correctly.

Seriously, what type of arms do you plan to run with the stock axles?

Back