• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door seat replacement

fr8dog

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to replace the front seats with a better seat , found a lot of info on seats but very little on seats that would tilt forward to get someone into the back.
called several places but most of the reps don't even know if a seat back can move or fold forward. anyone out there with advise? Would like a better than stock seat.

I have been looking for some for my 2 door as well and the MasterCraft Baja RS have 9 Position Recliner - from Tilt Forward to Full Recline. High dollar though

Might be better off in the Mod Tech

I had a Mastercraft Baja RS in my 98 two door. Now have it in my MJ. Smittybilt's knock-offs also tilt forward and are more affordable.

The Jeep BEFORE

88Manche.jpg

The interior - BEFORE
The good: no rust...the bad...no interior. It had a bench seat but I got rid of that right away and went on the search for XJ 2 door buckets

Comancheinside.jpg

I needed new seats. So I got these from a 1989 4 door XJ. Rockers. They mount about 2" higher and they DO NOT fold forward.

Fall-2010031.jpg

Old Seats

EndofSummer11015.jpg

Like I said I sttled at first but I stayed on the quest for the 2 door or MJ seats, no luck. Then I stumbled on a 2 door in the junkyard. The seats were FILTHY!! I scrubbed them down with Oxy-Clean and they look brand new, no rips, great condition.

EndofSummer11016.jpg

I traded this...for these.

EndofSummer11018.jpg

Then the mounting problem. On the old seats all I had to do was grind off the old XJ mounts and bolt on the MJ mounts from the crappy bench seat that it came with.

Old bracket

EndofSummer11020.jpg

The sliders are different width. I wasn't sure of the year of the donor but it looked to be 96+
I was able to use the entire rear mount but had to cut & paste the fronts
EndofSummer11021.jpg

EndofSummer11012.jpg

EndofSummer11014.jpg

The Jeep AFTER

EndofSummer11057.jpg

I'm sure they had the same mounts as the ZJ, don't know of a ZJ 2 door. I do know that you can fab mounts for just about any forward folding seat from a Dakota or similar, even a 60/40 split seat would be cool.

Last edited:
Back