• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My winch bumper in the works

Frankkl

NAXJA Forum User
A 10000 winch is going inside, 2 7'' spotlights and 2 Hella FF75fog will be cut in the sides.

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

I like it. It look big, simple, yet could be made to be very functional. Will it have a hidden winch and recovery tabs? My first impression was, 'That is a huge bumper face' but after a closer look I notice it, the face was above the receiver hitch which is not that low,...low enough to get hang up on rocks unless you do hard core rock crawling. What is the measurement of the bumper face top to bottom?

looks cool, very nice work pending mounting pictures. i'd imagine making roadkill is a concern in ottawa? looks like its ready! i agree about the face being too long though, i'd guess 6-7".

looks awesome. would look even better with a hawse fairlead. still great work.

Yea, you do need a hause fair lead on the front of that beauty. It turn or exceptionally beautiful. :cheers:

What lights are those? Are they dual lamps or single lamp? I once saw some dual lamps that I like. They were Hella 20-20. (I am refering to the oblong lamps inside the bumper)

Last edited:
The fogs are FF75. The round ones are from Princess auto. I plan on converting them to HID.
I tried a fairlead from a Superwinch my buddy gave me but it did not line up with the spool. Because the winch is bolted to the front, the bottom bolts need to line up. I would need a diffent hawse fairlead, but I already spend to mutch on this rig.

IMG_3376.jpg

Nice, but how is it mounted?

This pic looks like it may just be the six stock bolts, which really aren't enough...

Robert

Good point.
The front 2 holes were reinforced with a 3/16 angle bolted to the front face with a backing plate. Plus I added a piece of flat stock that goes to the 1'' hole in the frame and bolted true.

You should upgrade your steering. ZJ steering is cheap.

Back